Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Dog's Purpose--A Novel for Humans

I just finished reading a book called, A Dog's Purpose--A Novel for Humans, by W. Bruce Cameron. My love for dogs is well-known, so it's only natural that I would receive a book told from a dog's perspective for Christmas.  It is a unique, heart-warming story about a dog searching for his life's purpose and how it intertwines with human relationships. I enjoyed the book immensely and have passed it on to my 8th grade daughter. If you love dogs, I encourage you to read it!  The next book on my "to read for pleasure" list is A Soft Place to Land, by Susan Rebecca White.  What are you currently reading?

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading Until Proven Guilty, a good old murder mystery which is fun to sit by the fire and just "read for pleasure"!

    A book I want to get and read for school is:
    Third Grade Technology: 32 Lessons Every Third Grader Can Accomplish On A Computer. I want to get this for school so our third grade teachers can also check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For pleasure, I am reading Beautiful Redemption, a sequel to the Beautiful Creatures series which is coming out in theaters soon.

    I am also reading Strategies that Work and Reading with Meaning to learn more about teaching reading strategies in the classroom.

    Shereen, I would like reading that book! Meggan, I love dogs too! I will check out A Dog's Purpose.

    ReplyDelete