Monday, April 1, 2013

To a Million and Beyond...

Well, it's offical...Our students have surpassed our reading goal of one million minutes.  They are so excited!  Our sumo match is scheduled for early May.  The jury is still out on who might win.  Will it be Suffield or Wilson?  The total minutes read from October through the end of February is 1, 303, 726!  I love the students' commitment and enthusiasm for reading.  Mrs. Suffield and I have challenged our students to keep reading because we will  have to drink that nasty "Everything McDonald's Shake" if they reach three million.  They really might just get the job done.  We are working diligently to keep the enthusiasm for the challenge alive.  Tomorrow we will celebrate and surprise the top readers in each class.  I can't wait to unveil the BIG surprise.  Not even the teachers know what it is.  It's gonna be GREAT!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great post and for the chance to share you experience with the books. Thanks to this selection of the books, I am going to know better what to write in my CV when I write it with the help from NYC Resume Services online.

    ReplyDelete